Monday, October 24, 2005

Happy Birthday tooooo............ME!

AAHHH yes, one of my favorite times of the year. My Birthday! I always liked my B-day, not because of the presents (which rock), or the dinner (which super rocks), but I like it the best because I can normally get most of my friends together to hang out.

This year was very cool since my actual B-Day was on a week day, I got to move the big celebration dinner around a bit. It was pretty cool, I got to celebrate my birthday pretty much over the entire span of October. My parents were going to be out of town on the weekend of the 15th, they wanted to dinner the weekend before. So I got a nice piece of prime rib on the 8th. Then my b-day happened on a Thursday and Jen and I went to Todai for a free B-day dinner. Which sucked. Todai is kindofa rip off. The damn buffet costs 24 bucks for dinner and 25 on a Friday and sat. And those days are the only real ones to go on because they have the Lobster on the buffet. But I digress, the other cool thing was that since it was my B-day, I was able to take that Friday off from work. So Friday I had it all planned out where Jen and I go to B-fast at this place called Stacks which has some pretty good pancakes, then we took a trip to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Which, if you've read Jen's website lately was conveniently closed. Making me look like a Jackass. But the Arcade was open so I was able to play a game or two before resigning to defeat and driving home.

At the beginnig of Oct I took a quick poll of everyone if the weekend of the 15 or the 22nd would work better for them and everyone pretty much said the 22nd. Which leads me up to this next part about dinner.

If you haven't been to one, I normally get about 15-30 friends together and have a big dinner at a cool resturant. Aside from the disastrous, but educational 21st B-day, all of them have totally rocked. This year, I got 15 people together at Tony Roma's, which co-incidently, is a pretty good place for ribs. I always get the Beef Ribs when I go there. They are almost the size of my forearm and I feel like I'm in the Flintstones when I get them. And they taste good too. My first impulse for dinner though was the Texas Roadhouse up in Union City, but when I called those hillbilly bastards, they couldn't handle a party of 15 to 20. So that sucked because that place has the best Prime Rib I've ever had.

After the dinner, I planned to have everyone who could, come down to the Corn Maize over in Fremont for some haunted corn maize fun. But when we got there, we found that the damn place closed at 9 (we got there at 10). SO that totally sucked ass. Instead we decided to go bowling at the 4th street bowl.

Now I know it's been a while since I've been bowling, so I expected to suck for a bit, but my first frame I went up, my approach was good, the backswing solid, but the release didn't quite work as well as I thought. My feet slipped out from under me and I fell onto the lane. Now, I've been bowling on and off since before High school and this is the first time I fell on the fucking lane. I didn't do a full face plant and slid down to the pins or anything, but I smacked my knees on the passline and my hands went right into the oil on the lane. It was totally embarrassing and don't worry, Jen got a good picture of my ass on the floor. But I always like denial, so if someone asks about the picture, I'm going to say I was sacrificing my first frame to the bowling gods in an attempt to appease them.

So, in the end my almost month long celebration of my b-day was totally cool. I always enjoy hanging out with everyone and eating a lot of meat. Now normally I would take this time to reflect on the fact that I'm 26, which is a stone's throw away from the big 30. Most people would start to panic at that fact, would start to panic and question themselves like where am I going with my life? Am I working at the place I want to call "My Career"? I thought I would start to have the same questions about my life, but for some reason I don't care that much about dumb questions. I know I'm still kinda starting off and I still have time to work that crap out. I'm almost thinking I'm glad I'm one step closer to 60, so I can finally retire and be done with this work shit that I'm currently doing.

So in the end, I always enjoy the time around my B-day, I get to celebrate the day I was brought upon this earth, to begin my journey into this life and my work towards immortality. But more importantly, I get to have fun with my friends and eat good food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home