Sunday, February 27, 2005

Socks and DVD's

Well Kiddies,

Here we are again. I'd first like to start off with the amazing realization that I've finally become one of those working guys who works on weekends. I had to go into the stupid office on Saturday for a few hours to catch-up on some work. Ya'know I've never though that when I start working, I would be one of those guys, but it happened anyways. It sucks, I was there for like 3 hours and still only got one thing done.

But it all worked out in the end. After work, I went and got some pizza and then played EverQuest II for the next few hours. So I guess everything works out in the end. I was in an industrious mood that night and made some plans. Maya already asked me if I could take her to Costco and although I didn't say yes, I knew that I was going to take her anyways. So my big plan was to get up early, go to Safeway to get some food, then come back and take Maya. I set the alarm for 9, and the plan was set.

So at about 1030 when I really got up, I knew that the plan went straight out the window. I played EQII again for a few hours. Eventually I went to Costco with Maya and found they made one of the dumbest moves in arranging history. They put the DVD's right in front of the checkstands. As you all know Costco lines are a bitch to wait through, but now they put the #1 browsing commodity in front of all that traffic. I looked around and found a gift for Al, and that was it. I was kinda amazed that no other DVD's there were jumping out at me. It was kinda wierd. I was at Costco and my grand total was about 17 bucks. A new record. But as we were walking around, I found some new socks. I got some of my larger crew socks that I normally wear and some shorter ones that Jen thought I would look better in. So the total was up to like 50ish, back to the norm.

So there was some other crap that I had to run Maya around in and we eneded up at Best Buy. I looked around and found Las Vegas Season 1. I like the show and I've been watching on tv for season 2. SO when I finally came back to my apt, I was carying a bin with only two things, socks and DVD's. The story of my life. I felt like I was kidna back in college and I came back with the essentials. So as I said earlier, in the end everything seemed to work out. Good times, pretty good food, and the back to the basics, new socks and new dvd's. Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home