Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Numero UNO!

Well! Here we are aren't we? I've finally taken that first step into the quasi-trendy, uber technical society of America in the year 2005. I got most of the stuff already, camera phone, PS2, Gamecube, and now the blog. This kinda throws me back to the mid 80's Doogie Houser endings with the typing of the day's lesson at the end of the episode. I think I'm going to download the mp3 of that music they played when he was typing so I can get the full effect. Well enough of that crap, now for the important stuff.

I'd like to start this with what I consider the ultra-super DVD buy of the year. Last tuesday, I caught wind that Alien vs. Predator is coming out on DVD. So, I decided to go to the only place to go for DVD's, BEST BUY! We went in, and I immediately went to the display where they had the DVD, and I saw they had about 20 copies sitting on the shelf. I took a look and saw that the first copy was the full screen edition, and the next copy, and the next, and the NEXT! All of them were the crappy Full Screen versions. I walked around, starting to feel the anger of defeat, thinking to myself, that mabye there's a copy sitting around somewhere else........but no. I was looking around and I overheard two sales associates talking, one was saying that a customer was yelling at her about how they should carry more versions of the widescreen, and why do they even make full screen anymore and blah blah blah, all this dumb crap. This made me think how stupid some people really are. Like some sales associate at Best buy will be able to make sure all 100 copies of a DVD are widescreen. After hearing all that, I was ready to give it up and just buy it later. I was looking around some more and saw the next shocking thing.....in the boxed set section, I saw the tag for....that's right, MacGyver Season 1!! Iv'e been waiting for YEARS for this to finally come out on dvd. But alas, this was empty as well. I talked to one of the sales people and she looked up if any other stores had it. After a 10 minute search on her computer, she found that two fo the stores that were closest had only 1 copy left. It was already 9, and I would never make it.

SO we left Best buy in utter defeat. I then remebered that there was a Ghetto Walmart (yes, it's thier offical name) near by. We went down there, and after parking, walked in, past the MacDonalds, I alwasy thought it was kinda wierd that every Ghetto Walmart had a MacDonald's in it, but oh well. We went to the electronics section and I finally found Aliens Vs. Predator in widescreen. I grabbed it, and looked around some more. I was looking around, talking to Jen and there behind her, I saw it, MacGyver Season 1!!! I was stoked (a little too stoked, but you can ask Jen about it). I also got the new Ratchet and Clank game. So I eneded up with a total victory and the best DVD buy of the year!

Ok well that was a nice first rant, I'll try to update it more, and if you don't like it, you can just stick it up your ass and make your own blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home