Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crappy Day

Well sports fans, today wasn't the most fun in the world. I stayed up too late last night, so this morning I ended up over-sleeping, hella groggy getting my ass out the door today. I knew today was going to suck at work cause one of my guys was going to be out of the office today so I was going to actually do some work today. The only ray of sunshine for the day was going to be at lunch.

Little background, there's this kick-ass restaurant in Half Moon Bay called Sam's Chowder House. This place serves the BEST lobster rolls in the world. These things won the top 5 sandwich award from NBC news. I've had one before, and it was awesome. I found out that this place also has a Mobile Lunch Truck that goes around to different places. Jen told me that they were going to be in San Jose today, and yes, they serve the Lobster Rolls! (among other seafood goodies and their famous chowder) I planned it out with a few of my co-workers so we were going to make the trip down there. The website said they'd be there from 1130 to 1330, so we figured getting there at 1145 would be early enough.

Whelp, we were wrong. First off, the website said they would be on the corner of Market and St. John downtown. We show up, and there's nothing. I call Jen (who's already there) and ask where the F* is this truck. She tells me to come up San Pedro about half a block, and the truck is there. We make it, and we're about 8 people behind Jen and Elizabeth, and about 30 feet from the truck, with about 20 people in line. So the fact that they couldn't get the location right was the bread in the shit-sandwich that was this afternoon.

We kick it for a while and notice that the line is not moving, and someone says as they walk past us that the wait is about an hour. This is not a good sign. We wait some more, move up closer, and then see the door open on the side of the truck and one of the dudes pokes his head out and announces that they are out of Chowder. So of course the chowder was one of the things I was going to get. I was not pleased.

We keep waiting in line, Jen orders her stuff, and we wait some more. I finally get to the front of the line! The guy taking orders finishes up writing the last one and leaves. As I stand waiting, the door of the truck opens up again and the same jack-ass sticks his head out and announces to the line that they ran out of Lobster Rolls. This was the absolutely the worst news ever. The two items I wanted to get all day were sold out. It was only around 1245 and they were OUT! The rage was building up and the only thing preventing me from burning the truck to the fucking ground was the County Sheriff in line behind us.

So I order the fish and chips and split an order of calamari with one of my co-workers. Jen graciously offers me one of her mini-lobster rolls, but I didn't take it 'cause she was going to save it for dinner, and I didn't want to eat one in front of my co-workers. So our food comes, the Fish and Chips were good, but when anticipating the Lobster Roll, it sucked. We spent over an hour waiting around and they didn't deliver. For only being there 2 hours, I thought they would have prepared enough not to run out of stuff.

After the disaster that I called lunch, I officially declare that Sam's Chowder-Mobile is now renamed Sam's Fail-Mobile.

Oh, and the cherry on the shit sundae that was this afternoon, I walked outside on a break and a bird crapped on my shirt.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Iris said...

HAHAHA dude that suuucks. Well, I guess that means... roadtrip!!!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Maya said...

Poor Adam. Sorry u didn't get ur lobster roll but I have a question. Why didn't u just give Jen monies to buy food for u? Then u prob would have gotten one. Or would the people in line have tried to kill u?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home